BIG UGLY fish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cancun mark:
OMG its hideous....Interesting yellow and blue parasites on its back though

O MY GOD what is that man doing. No drysuit, no 5mm neoprene gloves, 7 mm titanium hood, weezle extreme plus undersuit. Is this true, can you really dive in short stumpy hairy legs and nothing else in other parts of the world. My diving will never be the same again. rlmao. :)

cancun mark:
OMG its hideous....Interesting yellow and blue parasites on its back though
Some of the divers around here lately must think they are natural flora or fauna - they keep swimming so close that I think I'm camouflaged or something. Is a fin to the head a new underwater sign for hello?

A fin to the head usually means "I am about to get my drysuit zipper opened and I dont even know it yet"

mogwai:
O MY GOD what is that man doing. No drysuit, no 5mm neoprene gloves, 7 mm titanium hood, weezle extreme plus undersuit. Is this true, can you really dive in short stumpy hairy legs and nothing else in other parts of the world. My diving will never be the same again. rlmao. :)
Come to the light side - forever will it dominate your destiny!

If it makes you feel better, I wear a 5mm wet suit in the winter and when I dive the fresh water springs. Temperature in the springs is a balmy 68 degrees year round. The Gulf gets down to a frigid 60 degrees :D .

SeaYoda:
Come to the light side - forever will it dominate your destiny!

If it makes you feel better, I wear a 5mm wet suit in the winter and when I dive the fresh water springs. Temperature in the springs is a balmy 68 degrees year round. The Gulf gets down to a frigid 60 degrees :D .

O my god, (again) i hate you and haven't even met you, lol. Got cert in October and have dived all through the winter. All the way down to 4 degrees. Wouldn't give it up for anything though. Was in Egypt, Red Sea in March, 22 degrees 5 mm steamer. Lovely stuff, but in reality love my drysuit.

mogwai:
... i hate you and haven't even met you, lol. ...
I hope I'm not bringing up another sore subject, but what is the visibility like there?

SeaYoda:
I hope I'm not bringing up another sore subject, but what is the visibility like there?

Sudddenly realised with your question that i may be making diving sound terrible here. It really isn't. Before i got my cert i have been on try dives in several countries over a lot of years. Clear water, warm lots to see, fab. Best dive i ever had? My first dive towards my open water here in Scotland. Amazing, bit green, but 5-6 metres viz. Got a lot more dives under my belt now and more experience. Been on night dives here, middle of winter, 10-12 metres viz. Got in the water and could see for miles. My dive buddy (and my instructor has a Greenforce HID light) could see for miles past my D4. During the day have had 8-9 metres on a good day. Different sites offer different viz. My buddy has had amzing viz out on the Forth, 30 metres type viz. But Haven't been there yet. Different diving here, but has it's own million different things to offer. Is a harsh environment, but from a diving view makes for a sharp learning curve. www.central-scuba.co.uk if you want to have a wee look at some pics. Take a look under pics at loch long/ loch Fyne. Thats where we do a lot of our diving. Sea Lochs. My instructors website. Take a look at the red sea pics as well. Look at the one entitled 'it's getting hot up there' Thats me doing my modelling job, dont i look good. lol.

mogwai:
... www.centralscuba.co.uk if you want to have a wee look at some pics. ...
I tried that site and it said it wasn't found. Help?

So.... how do you cook a Sea Yoda?

Joe

scubajoe:
So.... how do you cook a Sea Yoda?

Joe

With lots of tenderizer! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom