Big trip to SE Asia, bring service kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would either bring a spare set of regs each or service kits or both.

I have a new policy, if I buy a regulator I want two service kits (I pay for them) or I am walking. I do not care a flip about policies. I get the kits or I walk.

N

I would either bring a spare set of regs each or service kits or both.

I have a new policy, if I buy a regulator I want two service kits (I pay for them) or I am walking. I do not care a flip about policies. I get the kits or I walk.

N

I did exactly the same when I purchased my M25/G260s.

Having said that it's surprisingly easy to get kits here once an LDS "knows" who you are. I've never had any issues buying over the counter.

Yeah the consumer needs to put their foot down in this regard. If people would simply click their heels and turn around and walk out if they were refused a service kit the industry would have to give in on this ridiculous practice. I have a pile-O-regs but I will not purchase another of any type from anybody who does not also sell me a service kits to go out with it. Period! And I am not going to pay stupid prices for a couple of O-rings either.

N

Yeah the consumer needs to put their foot down in this regard. If people would simply click their heels and turn around and walk out if they were refused a service kit the industry would have to give in on this ridiculous practice. I have a pile-O-regs but I will not purchase another of any type from anybody who does not also sell me a service kits to go out with it. Period! And I am not going to pay stupid prices for a couple of O-rings either.

N
Sounds like a freediver in the making... :poke::happywave::happywave::happywave:

SE Asia, well, I am not sure exactly where you will go, but as for those reg models, any decent dive center can do some repairing work. Liveabord might be a little tricky, but they all have spare regs for rental.

Back
Top Bottom