Big Stuff at Fernando De Noronha?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are seriously considering visiting the Island at the beginning of September (2014). In terms of sharks, what kind of encounters can we expect? How about fish life (e.g. Large Groupers? Wrasses? Eels?).

We are very experienced divers and I like to distinguish between having a fleeting glimpse of the odd big animal (i.e. checkmark) and actual close up encounters (e.g. Rangiroa, Socorro, Cocos) where you have multiple opportunities to watch and photograph. Many thanks in advance.

My wife and I are seriously considering visiting the Island at the beginning of September (2014). In terms of sharks, what kind of encounters can we expect? How about fish life (e.g. Large Groupers? Wrasses? Eels?).

We are very experienced divers and I like to distinguish between having a fleeting glimpse of the odd big animal (i.e. checkmark) and actual close up encounters (e.g. Rangiroa, Socorro, Cocos) where you have multiple opportunities to watch and photograph. Many thanks in advance.

Is quite common to see nurse sharks, lemons and caribean reef sharks there. I've heard of a tiger shark once, but in ~30 dives I never saw one.
You can hear dolphins from time to time, but they don't usually go near divers. Barracudas and morray eals are also common.

And, of couse, turtles... you're going to be tired of it :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom