Big Point bay barrie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were the Sherwoods the top sighting type with just a narrow arrow on a pivot? If so even in non diving compass's, that type are generally bad. If there the disk type with a view window in one side, then I have no option but to agree with your view. FWIW all three of my reg sets are older, with the newest compass being at least 4 to 5 years old.
I may be mis-informed, but I believe that Sherwood's compass's are actually mfg'd by Suunto.

I used a Genesis for a while there an still have it as a backup but I'm a big fan of my Suunto SK-7.

I like the 27 degree tilt vs around 7 degrees with the Genesis and I also find it much easier to read.

A lot of people have complained that they take a long time to settle down for a reading but side by side it seems about as fast as the Genesis compass.

I'm not sure of the brand on mone. I think they're the more or less "generic" ones that fit in most consoles.
I've been looking at the specs on the SK-7 and like what I see. Will definitely consider one fi/when I need another compass.

While this is derailing the original post, do a search in the equipment section, you'll find the SK7 can't be beat is is the choice of many divers. This is the 3rd compass I've used, but by far the best.

Dive Inn has the best price I've seen as well....

SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom