Beware!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny here in South Florida the locals say the Canadian snowbirds are the rudest.

Annlaur- I was on the same track. I would have said French or Russian. The two are very similar in general walking and eating rules. They too, will push you out of the way when walking or inline at a counter. Your table is in grave danger if you leave it alone, and don't even get me started on a buffet behavior set..... They will rush to get that taxi, or seat on a train. And it seems unspeakably rude to those not in the know.

OP- if this was the case, it was not personal. They could have cared less if you were American or whatever... That is the norm and not directed at any one in particular. You just learn to smile and beat the game. Sometimes it is lots of fun to win the game..... :D

I took an Alaskan cruise a few years ago, and there was a family of French speakers who had to elbow their way in everywhere. After they messed up a bunch of photos I was trying to take, we learned to either avoid them completely, or return their same rude behavior. Pushing granny out of the way still seems a bit over the top, however.

I personally think that if you are going to post a thread like this then at least give some specifics on the complaints so that we can judge for ourselves. One sidewalk issue may not mean anything to me but apparently p**&ed you off. Different strokes for different folks.

Please post some of your examples minus any slant. Some of us may not be of the same opinion after we read them and others may have the same issues that you do. Thanks.

I am European, lived in Canada for 20 years, traveled to many different countries and continents and now for 5 years watching tourists from all over the world coming to Dominican republic. I guess it's not about countries or nationalities, it's about individuals. Of course some have different cultures that might (or not) be offending others.

I am European, lived in Canada for 20 years, traveled to many different countries and continents and now for 5 years watching tourists from all over the world coming to Dominican republic. I guess it's not about countries or nationalities, it's about individuals. Of course some have different cultures that might (or not) be offending others.

I agree with your comment 100%. It's ashamed that these people were from Europe because they spoke french... We were just warning Americans that the resort caters to Europeans and not as much to Americans... We Americans aren't perfect either. We showed one example of one of our experiences and some of the conditions at the resort. We look forward in visiting you all again soon just won't be staying there...
Just wanted to let Americans know, it is not a friendly resort for Americans....

I personally think that if you are going to post a thread like this then at least give some specifics on the complaints so that we can judge for ourselves. One sidewalk issue may not mean anything to me but apparently p**&ed you off. Different strokes for different folks.

Please post some of your examples minus any slant. Some of us may not be of the same opinion after we read them and others may have the same issues that you do. Thanks.

We did. Here is the 411
Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic) - Resort (All-Inclusive) Reviews - TripAdvisor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom