Beware Ilike Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harry Kreigh

Registered
Reaction score
I had a very unsatisfactory experience with the operations manager (OM) of Ilike and want to warn the diving community about his questionable business practices.

I fully paid for a trip in 2020, which was canceled due to Covid, and was denied a refund, but allowed to reschedule when Indonesia re-opened. However, when I rebooked a comparable trip in 2023, I was charged an additional 21% for the trip. I should have been given the option of a refund, but was forced to pay the extra charge or lose my investment. I believe the OM acted dishonorably by reneging on the original deal and, therefore, I will never book another trip with Ilike.

Has the cost of fuel, labor, and insurance gone up in the past 3 years?

Has the cost of fuel, labor, and insurance gone up in the past 3 years?

It doesn't (shouldn't...) matter. The only difference may be things like timing (like high season vs low season) or smth alike. Ilike is at fault period. They must offer a refund if they have no intention of honoring his original deal.

Good luck with this, almost every 2020-2021 COVID cancelled trip had issues. Some of the places went bankrupt, some couldnt reschedule at all, most couldn't offer refunds, some had to raise prices due to post pandemic inflation, etc.

Unfortunately, this has happened to a lot of people post-pandemic, and the liveaboard industry has become pretty shady. Have you gone on the trip yet?

The credit you had should have been in Indonesian Rupiah. Not in a certain package. That would have been fair for you and the operator. Probably they had too many other things on their mind when the pandemic started. As we all had.

Not all liveaboards raised prices for Covid rebookings. The Solomons Master honored the original price when I rebooked in 2022.
As did Blue Manta for my Dec’22/Jan’23 Raja Ampat trip - they honored the original booking with no increase!

Back
Top Bottom