Beuchat and Heiser tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McKee Boykin

Contributor
Reaction score
I need the specs for each of these lines of tanks. Where can they be bought?:confused:

Heiser made some spectacularly large and heavy tanks for Beuchat in the '90's, most notably a 220 bar 140 and a 300 bar 190. Both measured approximatly 8" x 30", and weighed 63 and 87 lbs respectively. They were supposedly made using the pierced ingot or tube formed process usually used for industrial tanks rather than the deep drawing used by Worthington and PST for steel scuba tanks, hence the extreme weight.

They were not a sucess due mainly to the weight and difficulty getting fills, and are no longer in production. Some specs on them are available on the TDI website, but more info than that is hard to find - I have contacted Heiser, Beuchat, and some former Beuchat USA employees trying to find out more, without much luck.

If you or anyone else reading this has one of these tanks, I would appreciate it if you could PM me or post the markings on it.

Just was looking at a Heisser 108

Back
Top Bottom