Betting pool

How long will we wait for the next big crash?

• Days

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Weeks

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Months

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
First of all thanks for getting things back up again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder as it were.

Now for the question of the day ((in jest)). How long will it be before the next big crash. Please enter your answer on the poll.

R..

While I won't check "never" it should be understood that our crashes have been unrelated issues. Our first downtime was faulty hardware and it took far too long to replace (thank NetDoc for the final resolution). Last night's downtime was an unexplained data failure with the settings data table. Every time something goes wrong we learn from it and while that may not be what you want to hear there is a plus in the minus. With any luck our uptime will continue, we were up 26 days before this problem and I see no reason why we can't go longer.

If you wanna make the pool a monetary venture, I say put me down for whatever day Tech Admin votes for!

Jeff, $500 a piece on next Tuesday, 4:17am?

Looks like we should have said ..5 minutes ago..did anyone else just get booted?

Has anyone considered redundant hosting with database syncronization and automatic failover?

Natasha:
Looks like we should have said ..5 minutes ago..did anyone else just get booted?
Yes, and I lost the reply I was tying in as a result. I'm too lazy to retype it, though. :54:
chrpai:
Has anyone considered redundant hosting with database syncronization and automatic failover?
Are you gonna foot the bill? Sheesh, it's not like we pay for use of this site or anything. :rolleyes:

Jimmie

Board crashes are frustrating... especially as an overnight outage in the US means an all day outage on the other side of the Pacific.

Tech Admin:
Jeff, $500 a piece on next Tuesday, 4:17am?

LOL

Somehow I think I'll take a pass on that one.

I hope you don't take it personally. You've built up a lot of credit along the way too and people are aware of the effort you put into this.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom