Better gopro video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand what you are saying but right now I am using the pole and the negative weight on the end of the pole is tiring compared to having it right at the end of your arm.

a pole is very different than a tray. I have used the Go pro on a piece of PVC pipe and without any lights and it worked fine. Putting something big and/or bulky on the end of a stick is going to be very different, for that application, I can see where you want it to be neutral or close to it.

I have the GoPro 3 use the tray and arms from Snake River Prototyping, a focus light and a 90 degree beam light as well on locline arms.

gopro setup.jpg

Hi, I haven't dove regularly since my Dad used a Nikonos II. I am getting back in it finally and want to capture video of my boys and I diving together.
I have a Gopro3+ with the scuba housing and a floaty handle but would like a light to improve things. I am on a budget so I am wondering what others are using for mounting plates and light. I see a lot of lights in the $100-$200 range but I have learned that lumen ratings are far from standard in LED lights.
I think the OrcaTorch D600V LED Canister Video Light looks pretty neat but I don't know how it would connect to a camera mount.

I see something like this and I think it would be too close to the camera and cause too much reflection from debris/silt in the water.
http://www.adorama.com/KNQALBK.html...Oiqx2-i_zpdPj__mDqjj6A9paZO1t_Au8QxoCIqjw_wcB

The more I look the harder the decision is becoming so I thought if I saw other peoples setups I might just copy it.

Quality of the gopro is good enough for me, It's just to save memories and share with family.

Shot on a Gopro 3+ Silver

Back
Top Bottom