BestFire® 1800 Lumens Submarine Light Cree XM-L T6 L2 100M

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmneus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
You know what they say about "if it's too good to be true..."

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2015 at 02:13 AM ----------

I'm suspicious of the 1800 lumen claim.

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2015 at 02:13 AM ----------

But hey for $27 you could always take one for the team?

1800 lumens is too good to be true @ any price. It's a lie. They also say it's waterproof.

single cree, no way it's 1800lm. Not possible. half that is realistic.

slide switch, asking for trouble with sand and grit.

There are some on ebay that have rotating switches for about the same price, use 26650's, and work well though.

I have been looking at LED's due to wanting to build my own video light for my GoPro. I have heard of the Cree XM-L but not a CI have seen that battery all over the place though. It seems to be widely used. I might buy one just to check it out.

I just bought this light. I will have it next week and will be taking it to Coz the week after that. I will do a report on it when I get back. B.

2500LM Underwater Diving CREE XM L T6 LED Flashlight Torch 2X 26650 Battery CH | eBay
junk! do not get it wet!

for the price i tried one out. it was DOA. so they sent a replacement or free. it was damaged during shipping - front bezel was crushed in a bit. so they sent another. it did not appear after 30 days. so they sent another. 2 showed up within 3 days of each other.

from the 4 units i ended up with only 2 that would turn on. all 4 units had cut orings. i scavenged 4 good orings. the light flooded at around 30 feet.

the lights have no sealing surface for the orings to seal against. just a groove in the screw thread. bad design.

the morph clones noted above are awesome (i have a morph now). very different oring sealing system as the first oring bottoms out against a sealing surface.

p.s. the 2 batteries 1 got were also fakes. an aluminum tube with a smaller battery jammed inside.

junk! do not get it wet!

for the price i tried one out. it was DOA. so they sent a replacement or free. it was damaged during shipping - front bezel was crushed in a bit. so they sent another. it did not appear after 30 days. so they sent another. 2 showed up within 3 days of each other.

from the 4 units i ended up with only 2 that would turn on. all 4 units had cut orings. i scavenged 4 good orings. the light flooded at around 30 feet.

the lights have no sealing surface for the orings to seal against. just a groove in the screw thread. bad design.

the morph clones noted above are awesome (i have a morph now). very different oring sealing system as the first oring bottoms out against a sealing surface.

p.s. the 2 batteries 1 got were also fakes. an aluminum tube with a smaller battery jammed inside.

Sounds like a bad movie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom