best wrist style computer for recreational diver... advice wanted please :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not in the UK, I'm in Canada so checked the US site - 2 years. I've had it for 4 but it started to give me problems after 2 years.

I'm not in the UK, I'm in Canada so checked the US site - 2 years. I've had it for 4 but it started to give me problems after 2 years.

surprised why canada us would only give 2 years compared to uk giving lifetime..thats a big difference!!

any other recommendations?

I own a Liquivision Lynx, my gf as well and this wrist computer is just amazing. Reliable, easy of use, just perfect. As for AI, I don't get why people say it's unreliable. I had a Suunto Vyper air before and never had a single problem. We are seriously no more in 2005 were wireless connection was a problem. If money is no object, go with Liquivision, same quality as shearwater but you have the AI option.

another vote for the Petrel, IF you can live without AI. It's larger than a watch sized computer, but not that much larger than a hockey puck.

---------- Post added October 26th, 2014 at 08:27 PM ----------

Thank you everyone for your replies! Have been very helpful. I can get a tx1 to my door for 500 aud this includes bungee and usb cable. The dg03 I have to pay an extra 100 for usb then 20 for bungee plus shipping. I am interested in the petrel but can't find one under 1000. Is it worth twice the price for everyday recreational? Ai is not a must have no, but I have found it convenient, and as far as anything more than Rec diving, I have no plans to progress further at this stage, but who knows what the future may bring :) thank you so much again for the replies and happy diving!!

check addhelium.com. I just bought a Petrel for about $850 there.and free shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom