Best Wet Gloves For A Drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Tammy, there is a Whites fusion bullet I saw here for sale, $600 cdn so $400 US? Interested? It's a small, check out the web for sizing.

Because it is a Fourth Element drysuit, not DUI. Zip seals are proprietary to DUI.

Interesting. I was told that DUI would not install Zip seals on non-DUI suits.

Regardless, I put Kubi dry gloves on my suit. They work like a champ so far. I am using their removable rings, but they do have rings that can be permanently installed.

I actually prefer the removable rings over the Zip seals or Kubi permanent rings because:

- The wrist seals are still there and functional, to keep me dry even if I rip open a glove or if I want to dive without wearing gloves and without having to remove the rings.

- I can easily put the gloves on and take them off with the rest of the suit on.

Also, the Kubi rings are machined aluminum and come in various sizes, so you can get ones that are the minimum profile to fit over your hands without extra bulk. I use the 80mm rings and they are barely bigger than the suit sleeve itself.

Before I got the dry gloves, I was using ScubaPro EverFlex wet gloves and found them to work well and seal decently against the outside of my dry suit wrist seals. The biggest thing I don't like about them is the palm and finger facing material is something that likes to stick to velcro. It's not generally something I notice in the water, but it does annoy me sometimes when I'm getting ready on land/the boat. Mine are 3mm and I have used them on a 39 minute dive followed by a 47 minute dive in 38F degree water. My hands were so cold by the end of the second dive that they seriously HURT when I got out. But, for shorter dives and/or in warmer water, they did fine.

I am far from a small. I am 5'6" & 180lbs.
Just out of the small (5'9, 170 lbs) according to the chart. My wife is 5'3, 170 lbs but has a l/XL for the extra "butt" room.

I will leave this right here...

4roqhl.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom