Best way to pack a Dive Rite Transpac XT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
For those of you who own a Transpac XT, how do you pack it for airplane travel? Do you leave everything assembled or detach certain bits, like cam bands or wing from harness or pockets? I’m finding that if I leave everything attached (harness, wing, QR 16 lbs weight pockets, trim pockets on cam bands), it’s very bulky in my luggage and seems to waste a lot of space. But if I detach certain bits, it’s quite a hassle to reassemble when I get to my destination. Am I missing something? Anyone have any tips on how best to pack this thing?

I have a Halcyon infinity bpw that looks about the same size as that. When I travel, I pack most of my dive gear into a large North Face base camp duffel. My bcd fits without taking it apart. The bag also fits my boots, fins, mask, full wetsuit, a mesh backpack style bag. I fill the wasted space with clothes... mostly socks, swim trunks, and boxers... stuff that I don't mind getting wrinkled. There is still space for my kids fins and masks. My regs and camera go into a carry-on.

What style wing do you have on it and what size is the harness? When I fly with my classic xt wing or rec xt wing, I will bring in the gusset system as much as possible and just undo one side from each of the cam buckles and roll them to the front of the system. This creates a nice little package that fits perfectly, with no extra space wasted, in to almost any checked bags.

What style wing do you have on it and what size is the harness? When I fly with my classic xt wing or rec xt wing, I will bring in the gusset system as much as possible and just undo one side from each of the cam buckles and roll them to the front of the system. This creates a nice little package that fits perfectly, with no extra space wasted, in to almost any checked bags.

We have the travel xt wings. I have a size women’s medium and my husband has a men’s large.

I have a Halcyon infinity bpw that looks about the same size as that. When I travel, I pack most of my dive gear into a large North Face base camp duffel. My bcd fits without taking it apart. The bag also fits my boots, fins, mask, full wetsuit, a mesh backpack style bag. I fill the wasted space with clothes... mostly socks, swim trunks, and boxers... stuff that I don't mind getting wrinkled. There is still space for my kids fins and masks. My regs and camera go into a carry-on.

Same set up but with the Dive Rite wing. But I am now finding that carrying the duffle bag over any significant distance is becoming a challenge. Getting old sucks! I am thinking about moving to a rolling duffle.

GJS

Reactions: Wah
Wing and harness always detached.

I only have one pocket on the harness so not and issue to be honest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom