Best Way To Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I was saying is that I want to use Amex Points to fly business class. ANA code shares with Philippines, so might be best to fly Philippines and book straight to TAG through ANA. ANA accepts Amex points. Otherwise, Cathay SFO to Hong Kong to Cebu would be other option.
1. You need to find out if your points is permitted for code sharing flight especially the flight is NOT offered by ANA.
2. You also need to find out if ANA can book you through to TAG.

I assumed you have checked with ANA or other airlines.

MNL - TAG by PAL : Twice daily: 08:55 and 14:05

With heavy load the last thing you want is unnecessary travelling.

1. You need to find out if your points is permitted for code sharing flight especially the flight is NOT offered by ANA.
2. You also need to find out if ANA can book you through to TAG.

I assumed you have checked with ANA or other airlines.

MNL - TAG by PAL : Twice daily: 08:55 and 14:05

With heavy load the last thing you want is unnecessary travelling.

Thank you, agree about lugging to much around. Will check with ANA about TAG before deciding. I think also, flights through Asia will change as the months pass. With Philippines just opening, not everyone has their full rotation up and flying yet. Would hope Hong Kong would also be opening up more after this next wave of Omicron passes. We will see...

Regardless, thank you everyone for you help. I truly appreciate it.

Reactions: FT
Thank you, agree about lugging to much around. Will check with ANA about TAG before deciding. I think also, flights through Asia will change as the months pass. With Philippines just opening, not everyone has their full rotation up and flying yet. Would hope Hong Kong would also be opening up more after this next wave of Omicron passes. We will see...

Regardless, thank you everyone for you help. I truly appreciate it.
I would avoid HK at all cost for your own good!

It won't be very funny if you flight get cancelled because of this illogical regulation.
Even a fully vaccinated person with -ve test result does not mean that person is not infected!!!!! And the airlines got penalized for flying them!!
hksar gov is suck big time.

any sort of staralliance codeshare going into phils is hard, also even if it's on an ANA ticket but PAL metal, ANA may not be able to process an upgrade with the AMEX points, definitely give them a call.

Agree with avoiding HK for transit, I normally live there but have been hiding out in Tokyo so I can avoid the quarantine. It's an absolute mess right now.

It's going to be a while for HK to normalize, even for residents we have to do 1 week paid hotel quarantine to get back in and it just dropped down from 3 weeks on April first.

Japan is OK for transit right now, but not for entering unless you have a special visa.

Prices are a bit high coming from other Asia markets right now because many places ban people from the Philippines from entering all together, big problem in HK/SG for the FDHs

I'm heading over in 10 days and managed to snag NRT>MNL for 500 USD one way on Cebu Pacific. PAL was over a grand and ANA codeshare was over 2K.

Hope your travel works out :)

I am lucky I think. I can get Cebu Pacific from Taipei to Manila ( early morning flight ) then Manila to Panglao Bohol arriving in the morning so can get a dive or two in the same day I arrive.

Cost is about US$525 return.

I am lucky I think. I can get Cebu Pacific from Taipei to Manila ( early morning flight ) then Manila to Panglao Bohol arriving in the morning so can get a dive or two in the same day I arrive.

Cost is about US$525 return.
I can do a lot better than you from HK! So you are NOT lucky at all! LOL.
No red eye flight and the return fare is HK$1,262.01(US$160.00, no checked bag) or HK$1,733.01(US$220.00 with 20kg allowance).
But no meaning to the OP and you!!!

I am pretty sure the OP can fly into many countries a lot cheaper than from Republic of China. And it has nothing to do with LUCK.

To close the loop... I ended up using 95K points x2 for wife and I with ANA code share on PAL business class out of SFO. Stop over in Manila and then onto TAG. The TAG flight is PAL Express and economy, but only and hour flight. I think it's all Terminal 2, but do we need to clear customs and recheck bags for TAG flight?

Spending 10 days diving around Anda. Have 1 night in Panglao before and after heading to Anda. Any suggestions on where to stay in Panglao? Want to rent a scooter on last day and check out Chocolate Hills and Targier Sanctuary.

Thanks!

Yes, you will clear customs in NAIA. Fairly certain your bags will not be checked through.

To close the loop... I ended up using 95K points x2 for wife and I with ANA code share on PAL business class out of SFO. Stop over in Manila and then onto TAG. The TAG flight is PAL Express and economy, but only and hour flight. I think it's all Terminal 2, but do we need to clear customs and recheck bags for TAG flight?

Spending 10 days diving around Anda. Have 1 night in Panglao before and after heading to Anda. Any suggestions on where to stay in Panglao? Want to rent a scooter on last day and check out Chocolate Hills and Targier Sanctuary.
Make sure you have several hrs to spare for the domestic transfer because it takes time to clear immigration, customs and rechecking bags.
You also need to find out which terminal will be used for your flight to MNL because PAL has exclusive use of T2 while ANA uses T3. Transfer between the two terminal takes time.
Join a local tour from Panglao instead of hiring a scooter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom