Best Way to Attach Dumpable Weight to Apeks Backplate with Webbing Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Relampago

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Apeks stainless backplate with a single piece webbing harness. I also have the Surelock weight pockets.

I can't find info regarding how to attach the pockets to the harness. I suppose I could put the pockets between the slider that stops the waist belt portion of the harness from going out the back and the hip D-ring...

Has anyone done this? Were the results good? If not, what is the best way to attach dumpable weights to an Apeks single piece webbing harness or backplate?

I have an Apeks stainless backplate with a single piece webbing harness. I also have the Surelock weight pockets.

I can't find info regarding how to attach the pockets to the harness. I suppose I could put the pockets between the slider that stops the waist belt portion of the harness from going out the back and the hip D-ring...

Has anyone done this? Were the results good? If not, what is the best way to attach dumpable weights to an Apeks single piece webbing harness or backplate?
Do you have the surelock attachments? SureLock Attachments

No. I saw them on the internet, but I couldn't find any instructions on how to attach them so I wasn't sure that's what they were for. With a pair of these I'll be able to mount the Surelock pockets directly to the backplate?

No. I saw them on the internet, but I couldn't find any instructions on how to attach them so I wasn't sure that's what they were for. With a pair of these I'll be able to mount the Surelock pockets directly to the backplate?
I wish I knew that answer....That is what it says in the description...Call them tomorrow they are very helpful at dive right in scuba

I like to define ditchable weight as the amount of weight I can ditch before the dive because it will not be needed based on the suit I'm wearing, how many tanks and other gear going with me on the dive, and the salinity of the water. There should never be a need to ditch weight during the dive, so any type of weight pocket or weight belt will do with any BP/W setup.

Back
Top Bottom