Best Underwater Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakeboat

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

every year I go on vacation for 2 weeks and end up renting underwater scooters each time. I have decided that it is now time to make a purchase, and I am willing to spend a good amount since renting them adds up fast. I really want one that is durable, and that will last for years with no major worries.

Right now, I think the second one on this chart is the best underwater scooter to buy based on what I need. I will be using it for both snorkeling and and diving, so I would value anybody that has an opinion on the one that I mentioned.

Also, I am considering this one as well.

Thank you in advance for your reply

The best? A Genesis from Logic Dive Gear.

The best for your application/budget? Maybe a different answer.

I would be careful with these. Whoever is in charge of this site is not being honest with the speeds. If you can show me any of those scooters that can pull a geared diver at 3 MPH or greater, I will trade you my Magnus for it.

There is a DPV testing report called the Tahoe Benchmark, most recently from 2011, that the OP would do well to google.

Having been on both Magnus and Genesis 1200 and 1500, the Genesis is more powerful than the Magnus. It is overall a superior scooter over the Magnus.

I would be careful with these. Whoever is in charge of this site is not being honest with the speeds. If you can show me any of those scooters that can pull a geared diver at 3 MPH or greater, I will trade you my Magnus for it.

Yea, I guess those speeds are without gear.

Anyways, thanks for the input everyone. I look forward to hearing from anyone else if they have advice.

I do like that the Magnus is a bit easier in terms of ambidextrous operation.
The only thing I can complain about the Genesis is that I have trouble adjusting speed while holding it with my left hand. :(
I'd propose having two speed levers on either side of the handle that are interlocked, but someone with fat hands will invariably complain.
Maybe I need more training.

Hi everyone,

every year I go on vacation for 2 weeks and end up renting underwater scooters each time. I have decided that it is now time to make a purchase, and I am willing to spend a good amount since renting them adds up fast. I really want one that is durable, and that will last for years with no major worries.

Right now, I think the second one on this chart is the best underwater scooter to buy based on what I need. I will be using it for both snorkeling and and diving, so I would value anybody that has an opinion on the one that I mentioned.

Also, I am considering this one as well.

Thank you in advance for your reply

Take a look at the AquaProp : https://www.sub-gravity.com/aquaprop-comparison-chart/

Pay particular attention to the size and weight :D

You can fly with the NiMh version, the Lithium version would need to be shipped if flying on a commercial aircraft.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom