Best time to go to Coz (March or April)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Sharkey,

If you have to be on Cozumel during Spring Break and want to be assured of being far from the "Breakers", stay at the Fiesta Americana. It is out of the town area, caters to divers, has a dive shop right on site (The Dive House), has a nice shore dive right in front of the dive shop, is a 5 minute taxi ride from town in case you want dinner/drinks in town, has decent restaurants on site in case you do not, and is a very nice place to stay.

You can get a nice air/hotel/dive package from:

islandream.com

I have used this company numerous times for air/hotel reservations and I think they are tops. Note that I wrote "air/hotel": I have been diving with a different outfit for many years. But for the past several years have relied on Fiesta Americana for accommodations.

One more thing. Fly Continental (the airlines that Island Dreams uses) because they fly nonstop from Houston to Coz. I would avoid the Cancun to Coz leg via air--it is a real pain!

Hope this helps.

Scorpionfish

Even terminally cheap as I am, I mostly do that Cont'l flight. Easy trip and ~11:30AM arrival leaves plenty of time get in a full afternoon or evening of diving.

Depending on where you live, USAir's little known direct flights out of Charlotte work well, too.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom