Best time of year for diving Bonaire????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any advice would be great.

I try to avoid diving in Bonaire on any day that doesn't end in a "Y"

:cool2:

The best time to dive to Bonaire.................as soon as you can get your ass down there !!!!!!

Actually, unless you're already there you're already late.

Well my 2cents and worth every penny :)

having said that I've never run into visibility greater than 70 feet, so reference to 120' has got my attention.

Well we just came in from a dive about an hour ago in our backyard (in front of Bellevue). The surface of the water was like glass. Paddling out to the drop off was like being in a large swimming pool. Dropped down to 95 & could easily see the surface . That's 100 foot viz in my book. Horizontal viz was really very nice. The water temp 82-83 degrees F. The dive lasted 60 mins. It was one of those dives you wish would never end. :D

Well we just came in from a dive about an hour ago in our backyard (in front of Bellevue). The surface of the water was like glass. Paddling out to the drop off was like being in a large swimming pool. Dropped down to 95 & could easily see the surface . That's 100 foot viz in my book. Horizontal viz was really very nice. The water temp 82-83 degrees F. The dive lasted 60 mins. It was one of those dives you wish would never end. :D

Well, I'm sure you're familiar with this "NJ diver's" phrase, which I'll offer in response...

F*** YOU!

:eyebrow:

RJP.. now now..I just couldn't help it..I saw this beautiful big lake out front with crystalline diaphanous blue water and a surface like glass. My computer read 82-83 degrees when in the water..Fortunately I was breathing nitrox so I could stay down a long time. Really I just couldn't help myself. I'm sure you can understand my predicament. :wink:

Vince thanks for sharing. hope to run into that visibility someday. not complaining about 70 feet but 100 ft plus is pretty special to me.

So Vince....how long are you down there for? not the water...the condo.

I'm starting to feel very very sad..Only have another 3 full days left. We're down 5 weeks per year, 3 in the winter & 2 in the summer.
My consolation is we're leaving to dive The Rock down south in about 1 hour & then an afternoon dive in our backyard. Gotta walk away from the laptop & start packing the equipment.
Yesterday we rented a boat & zipped all over from Oil Slick down to The Lake & around Klein. What a lotta fun it was.:D

Best diving season for Bonaire ........

Starts January 1 at 12:01 am and ends December 31 at midnight. That gives you one minute on the surface to sing Auld Lang Syne !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom