Best Time for Mozambique?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajy733

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are hoping to be in southern Africa in the fall of 2009. We are doing a driving trip of Namibia and maybe some time in Drakensburg. During this trip I would like to spend some time diving and we are looking at staying at Flamingo Bay. I haven't booked anything but will there be a difference between September and October? We want nice weather not too windy so we have good clarity and it would be amazing to see whale sharks. Any info appreciated.

Sept / Oct should be OK in terms of the weather, the viz in Moz can change from day to day.

I usually dive with Tofo Scuba, which is close to Flamingo Bay but not close enough to walk.
They run open ocean safaris (snorkel trips) as well as scuba diving where they specifically go looking for whalesharks etc.
The best accommodation near to them is at Cassa Barry, not quite as upmarket as Flamingo though. But you will almost definitely see Whalesharks, Mantas, maybe Whales and loads of other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom