Best Sushi in (or near) Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkEsq

Cthulhu Hunter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be in Key Largo for a few days, and have a hankering for some good sushi - It's hard to come by here in New Delhi. Where is the best place to go for it within, say, a 20 minute drive? Fish House? Nam thai? Both were recommended, but sadly closed, when I was there in October. Somewhere else? Somewhere outside of Key Largo proper?

Thanks!

I'll be in Key Largo for a few days, and have a hankering for some good sushi - It's hard to come by here in New Delhi. Where is the best place to go for it within, say, a 20 minute drive? Fish House? Nam thai? Both were recommended, but sadly closed, when I was there in October. Somewhere else? Somewhere outside of Key Largo proper?

Thanks!

NUM-THAI. it's open, ate their last week(takeout). they close for a few weeks every October to visit family in thailand. FISH HOUSE ENCORE(also now open) would be 2nd choice for sushi and they also close in October for vacation/renovations. SUSHI NAMI is also closeby, however I haven't dined there in years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Anywhere south of KL (Tavernier/Islamorada) worth trekking down to? I'll be on vacation so willing to drive a few extra minutes for good food, nice views, etc.

Anywhere south of KL (Tavernier/Islamorada) worth trekking down to? I'll be on vacation so willing to drive a few extra minutes for good food, nice views, etc.

nikai shushi @ cheeca lodge has been well received but expensive(the view on the ocean is terrific but I didn't dine there) and kaiyos, also decent but pricey as well. haven't been to kaiyos in a few years after an ownership change but the food was very good. both are very close to each other @ MM 81.7

reefman
key largo

NUM-THAI. it's open, ate their last week(takeout). they close for a few weeks every October to visit family in thailand. FISH HOUSE ENCORE(also now open) would be 2nd choice for sushi and they also close in October for vacation/renovations. SUSHI NAMI is also closeby, however I haven't dined there in years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Num Thai gets my vote as well. Good sushi at a reasonable price. Sushi Nami is good as well but I like the selection at Num Thai better. I also love their honey ginger salad dressing that I cannot find a replacement for anywhere!

Most of the local restaurants serve fresh seafood...duh it's an island. October is a very slow month here, many businesses take this time to close for maintenance &/or vacation.

Many of those include something on their menus, usually the appetizer menu that includes seared Ahi, or something made with diced Ahi seasoned in soy, ponzu, etc.

Let me know when you'll be here, maybe we'll join you for dinner. :)

Buddies and I made several visits to Sushi Nami during recent visits.

Very generous servings. Selection was fine, and we could walk there from our motel, Marina Del Mar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom