Best spring week in BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djensen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi gang,

I'm planning a BC dive trip around Easter this year (End of March) and I'd love to hear some views on where I'll find the best West Coast diving that time of year... (Yes, I do recognize how wide in scope this question is...)

Browning Pass? Nanaimo? Victoria? Sunshine Coast? Gulf Islands?

Places to stay? Companies to dive with? Hidden gems?

Is vis consistently good at one place and consistently poor at another that time of year? That's the kind of local insight I'ld like to gain. My main interest is videography, so colour & visibility are key.

I'd appreciate any and all viewpoints! Thanks.

Spring on the south island (Victoria) can be dodgy. Spring storm weather can be a concern for shore dives on the south, south-west shores (downtown Victoria) while the sites on the north (Saanich Inlet) can get blown out with plankton blooms and reduce visibility to less than a foot.

If you're coming to Vancouver Island, I'd say think about Nanaimo .... Quadra Island (Campbell River) .... or Port Hardy, especially if your objective is videography.

C.

Back
Top Bottom