Best spring straps????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son's springs are very well made, nicely priced, and recommended highly by many on this board.

I prefer (and use) the IST EZ spring straps Peter_C linked. (although I would buy them from DiveSportsOnline instead of LeisurePro: http://www.divesports.com/mall/innovative_acc_springstrapsjetfins.asp) I find the thinly-covered straps I've tried (not WS's but similar) bit into my Achilles' tendon a bit too much and were not as comfortable as the wider rubber heel cup on the EZ straps, and the pull loop is very hand as well, for both doffing/donning and hanging.

Peter_C:

Of course if you buy from Leisurepro you won't get free parts for life. :D

I wish I'd logged on this morning before going to my LDS and dropping about twice as much on the official SP ones. Wayward Son's look great!!! D A M N!!!!!

I've tried three different types of spring straps (not Wayward Son's, though). To my chagrin, I like the Halcyon ones the best. They're fabric covered and seem to have a little padding, so they are comfortable not only in my dry suit, but also in lighter exposure protection (Chuck Taylors in the tropics). The ones with the round, plastic cover on the springs can bruise one's Achilles tendon. My husband can't use them. He likes the broad, flat ones with the pull loop.

That's the 1st time I've seen someone say that the thinner cover was more comfortable than the thicker tubing. Interesting. I'll have to find a source for some so I can offer the choice.

Taking nothing away from Wayward Son's spring straps, I decided to go with the Halcyon straps from my LDS. I liked the feel of the fabric protection, although I am not sure that it is any more or less comfortable than the tubing. What a huge difference spring straps make!

Oh, spring straps are the greatest thing since sliced bread, for sure!

Pretty slick. Will they fit on Turtle fins also? I found the jet fins xl was too small and the xxl was too bloody huge for my drysuit boots. I tried the xl scubapro spring straps and they seem too big. Do your spring straps come with the blocks and pins, etc. or do I need to try and recycle the ones I have? Also, how do you want to be paid?

I don't have Turtles to try them out on, but they look in pictures to have the same shape where the buckles attach as Jets. If that's true, you'd use the same ones as for Jets. Remove the old buckles & put these one. Paypal works fine.

Look at the shape of the "ears" on this Jet where the springs attach:

jetfinished.jpg

Is that what the Turtle looks like?

If you still have the springs you tried & they're too long, you can shorten them without buying new ones. If so, shoot me a PM about it. You may not need to buy a new set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom