Best spring straps????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2OU

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for some spring straps for my jets, and I wanted to get the board's opinion on which straps are the best.
Also, what size do you recommend for the XL jets? 12"?
Thanks!

I make them to fit you & for your fins/boots.

I cut them custom to fit you. The clear tubing over the springs can be either cut clear of the foot pocket, as they are in these pics, or full length to cover the spring from end to end, which ever you prefer. Most people have chosen full length.

In order to know which springs I have to use I need a measurement from you. For Jet fins, while wearing your boot & fin with the buckles & strap removed measure from the pin holding the buckle to the fin to the same point on the other side. Be sure you get your boot all the way inside the fin for proper fit.

Common length sets for Jets are $39 shipped domestically. If you need long springs those are $49 shipped domestically.

jetfinished.jpg

Wayward Son,
Those straps look great. Do you have a black cover for the springs? Also, how long does it take for you to make the springs?

I don't have any black. I can get black tubing but I'd have to order it.

So long as I have components on hand I get them out quick, typically mailed the next day. If I have to make or order anything then it's subject to that of course. I have enough stock on hand now to make a few sets.

Wayward Son,
I assume that all metal parts are stainless, correct? Also, based on your experience, do you recommend that the tubing cover the entire spring or just a portion of it? Finally, are these springs and tubes thick enough to prevent any pain on the back of the heel over extended use?

Yes, stainless. Full length seems to be best, though I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. I've done my personal springs both ways & it doesn't seem to matter much so I typically just cut the full length now.

I find them comfortable. The main thing seems to be to get the length right for the user. I like to have maybe 1 inch of stretch when worn at most. Light pressure, not heavy. Being that it is a change, it may take a few dives to get used to the difference in feel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom