Best Source/Place to Buy a New Petrel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After a year of recommendations, reading reviews and doing my own research I decided to purchase a Sherwater Petrel.

Now that I know the "what"...any recommendations on the "where"? There are not any dealers in my state, so it looks like it will be an online sale.

Of course I am looking at total price, but I am also looking at latest firmware installed and not some dusty old model that hasn't moved thru the inventory.

Right now I suppose that Dive Gear Express is my benchmark; I have had great luck with them in the past and unless someone shows me different I do not see any reason to leave them now.

Petrel Dive Computer by Shearwater Research - Dive Gear Express

Thanks,

~Oldbear~

Updating the firmware is a snap, so that doesn't matter overly much. Regardless, DGE is a good source and where I (pre?) ordered mine, which was one of the very first ones they sold/shipped. I would have bought from DRIS due to the loyalty points, but they don't carry Shearwater.

I bought mine from Wayne at Amigo's - Amigos Dive Center: Nitrox, Oxygen and Trimix Fills
The transaction couldn't have gone smoother. I've used Wayne's shop before while diving for fills and parts, but don't live anywhere near his shop. I emailed him about it, got a GREAT price, and sent him the money via Paypal. Once the payment went through, he mailed me one next business day and I received it very quickly. I couldn't have been happier with the price and service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom