Best software to match to Perdix AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had more than 500 dives logged from my Oceanic VT4.0 into MacDive when I switched recently to the Perdix AI.

Seamless transition. MacDive talks directly to the Perdix via Bluetooth LE, no more cable.

If I tried to download the Oceanic too soon after a dive and a rinse, the USB cable required a can of air to blow dry the contacts on the DC before it would connect.

(As mentioned above, MacDive syncs to iCloud, so I have my dive log available on my iPhone, iPad, MacBook and iMac.)

MacDive won't work for us as Mrs. B. is on a PC/Andriod. But I'll be OK going with the Shearwater Cloud for me, and she can keep logging hers into Suunto's BM5 software. She's *far* less fussy than me. :)

Another vote for the Dive Log app (Perdix AI direct bluetooth synch to iOS app on my phone).

I have my tank preset in the app, synch the data over, add the name of the site, and that is good enough for me as a log as I usually only care to look at the data in the graph (which you can customise), and check the SAC (which it summarises neatly).

The app will do a lot more, like log your equipment, add dive details, take buddy signatures etc. but I doubt most people make use of all these features.

MacDive won't work for us as Mrs. B. is on a PC/Andriod. But I'll be OK going with the Shearwater Cloud for me, and she can keep logging hers into Suunto's BM5 software. She's *far* less fussy than me. :)
Try Subsurface. It is multi platform and free. It is pretty powerful, and had it been as refined as it is now, when I was trying to convert an old log, I may very well be a Subsurface user. I have recently done some backups from Mac-Dive into Subsurface, just as an additional precaution.

+1 for Subsurface. Yes for iOS, yes for Windoze, yes for MacOS, yes for Android (and Linux). I switched from a Suunto Air to a Perdix AI without a hitch. Subsurface also has cloud backup, my hard disk took a major hit and it was seamless to pull the archived logs down

I use Subsurface and you can download to your phone directly (useful if you want to see the dive before to get home) then sync over the cloud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom