Best smallest backup light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Princeton Tec-40's in either bulb config. Not the brightest in the world, but, small, rugged, and soo cheap you can almost treat them as disposable.

Small but very bright

aquastar led3.jpg

aquastar led3

Looking to get a backup light that will mainly live in my BC pocket. The primary need is a very small size, but still want a quality light. I prefer lights that use a toggle switch, but appreciate any tips.

SCUBAPro just came out with a really tiny 3-AAA LED light (Nova) that would probably be great for backup, as long as you don't need a really long burn time.

Terry

xxGetImage.aspx

The Scubapro super compact Nova light offers up to 8 hours of burn time from a single long life LED. The Aluminium case offers a robust, yet handy dive torch that will last for years. Ideal as a quality back up torch or just to live in your BCD pocket, the Nova light is built to last. Powered by 3 AAA batteries (not included) the LED bulb has a life expectancy of over 100,000 hours.

NOVA light gives out a 30 lumen beam from an LED bulb running on 3 AAA Alkaline batteries with an expected burn time of 6-8 hours and a 100,000 hour bulb life.

Size: 121mm long x 32mm diameter
Weight: approx 80g (without batteries)

The Rat, Jr. is an impressive little light. I just bought one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom