Best smallcraft for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh yes! he said he bought a bunch of poles and lures! Great....I have been hooked once by Capt Mike on the Enzo.

So...Tom said my "dream boat" looks top heavy. would that mean it should be weighted in those fish tanks? Will it turtle easily?

waters but all the local guys are hung up on monohulls powered by I/O's. They all wind up hitting a cargo net or log at some point, and then the repair fun really gets interesting unless they were slow trolling. I knew two guys who had high-speed hits and their outdrives were never the same afterwards. They were unholy nightmares to work on even when they were healthy.

agree...this boat had a problem like that that lasted for months and months. Very expensive for a commercial boat to be out of operation that long even when covered by warranty. He lost a thousand a day easily.

Different problem. Alex has a direct drive not an out drive. He broke a crank not whacked a log with the out drive.
Glass pros are a very heavy built boat with a deep draft for there size, very stable. No worries of becoming a turtle. I'll show you what Im talking about tomorrow.

....I have been hooked once by Capt Mike on the Enzo.
But your still here, does that mean your catch and release?

Oh tanks for setting me straight.

yes, he released me back into the wild, like every other man.

Wildcard:
Nothing like a 24 pak with 4 divers on it!
When I drove for The Weasels who are still operating out there and will not be named, I would have 24 pax on a 24-pax capacity boat, and it was pure and absolute hell since the DM's were essentially worthless.
I stayed on the bridge the whole time - it was a floating mosh pit down below. And because of the special nature of The Weasels, we ran in all sorts of marginal weather. I didn't get paid if I called the dive after a 35-mile drive from downtown, so we went when others feared to leave the harbor, or even get close to the it. Those days were a lot more fun to drive anyway.
Once the divers went down on the first dive, housekeeping the boat was like digging out after a hurricane - stuff scattered everywhere. After getting back to the harbor, a fire hose would have been handy to clean the boat.
So we went, and oh man, some days, there was mega-ralphing down there - some of that MacDonald's stuff could arc 8 feet at the top of a good swell.
Plus the diesels had a blowback problem that I could never get fixed, so the Makaha guys would rag on me about that - I was a North Shore guy so there was no love lost there.

ditto.

and then...there is his profile pic, if his radiant personality isn't enough. We are designing an entire callendar inspired by it.

I was on a boat just like that yesterday, like being in a giant playpen with too many toddlers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom