Best sized canister for PLB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI that scubaboard posting of a leaking problem for the customdivers.com case for a PLB is now 9 years old.

If it was a current problem I would expect there to be new data points.

Saw a couple comments like this, some people reported all good no leaks, but a couple people were reporting leaks. Was a few years ago so maybe it's fixed though? The price is less than half of the Light Monkey one so is really appealing, just wouldn't want my PLB to get flooded.
I bought the case in 2019 for my inreach. It stayed watertight for awhile but eventually started leaking after a few trips. It was a tiny leak and I worked around it by simply putting the inreach in a ziplock bag.

I bought replacement orings for it but the inreach dive housing was later launched so I haven't used the custom divers case since.

You should email the guys at light monkey. Good chance they will know which of their products fits it best.
Email: info@lightmonkey.us
Phone: 386 202 4690
Fax: 386 202 4693
Excellent suggestion. One thing I am seeing about Light Monkey vs Custom Divers that I like is that Light Monkey has multiple diameters and lengths available. I like the idea of being able to stash a few other items into a 3x10 canister for emergencies. Now that said, anyone know if LM has any upcoming sales? :)

These are all good. Wanted to also share another option. DRYFOB has also released an aluminum PLB container at https://dryfob.com/shop/ Just one size, but should fit most popular PLBs with some room to spare @70mm x 122mm

DRYFOB XL PLB Container Specifications​

Outer DimensionsTop: 3.07” (78mm), Bottom: 2.91” (74mm)
Overall Height5.51” (140mm)
Inner Cavity SizeHeight: 4.80” (122 mm), Diameter: 2.75” (70 mm)
Weight7.8 oz (221g)
BuoyancyApproximate buoyancy: 11.9 oz (338G) depends on remaining air/PLB size
Max DepthIPx8 certified to 330ft (100m)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom