best settings for my e900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

we are finally here in eygpt and im diving and taking pictures:D:wink::cool2:

i have my camera set to raw mode and its in apeture priority all the time,im getting some nice shots but the only thing im changing is the f stop,just moving it up and down every so often,some photographer aye hahah:dork2:

if i wanna have a nice blue background whats my best bet apeture or shutter speed wise
also my camera is an e900 and i dont have a seperate strobe just the cameras flash im using the diffuser that comes with the ike housing but im still getting some back scatter is there anyway to reduce this at all

we also met some divers on the boat the other day and one of them had a d200 with aquatica housing and subal strobe,wow some camera isint it, i now know though that i wont be getting a housing for my slr, i think i will need at least 500 dives before i would be confident enough to bring one on a dive with me let alone actually take any pictures hahah how some of you dive with one ill never know,too:cool2:

thanks guys

What ISO setting are you using?

The internal strobe, unless you're very close, is, for all intents and purposes, useless. I really recommend getting an external strobe if you can afford it. The Ikelite DS51 is a nice unit.

If you're using a high ISO setting, ie 400 or 800, the ISO will over-ride your flash.

Set your ISO to 100 or even lower if you're in very shallow, clear water.

You'll still need to do some color balancing, either post dive or use a white balance setting to get the colors you want.

the K

thanks for the link herman ill read it now in a second

the kraken do i have to manual white balance while im shooting raw then??

i havent gone near my iso at all i always leave it at 200,

i have gotten into the horrible habit of leaving my flash on all the time but im trying to break it by only using it when im close to something, which isint very often at the moment to be honest,

herman im going off to get my camera and mess around with what u say about the aperture staying the same and the shutter changing to make the back grounds lighter or darker ill let u know how i get on thanks for the link

Back
Top Bottom