Best setting for GoPro Hero 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmasters34

Registered
Reaction score
Hello I am going to Placencia in Belize next week, and am wondering what will be the best settings to use for the GoPro, regarding resolution, white balance, and anything else that may be important.

I will be using the SRP red filter.

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

There are a couple routes you can go. The first is the most automatic which would be 1080p/60 fps, auto white balance. This would require less tweaking in an editor. The second option would be 1080p/60 fps, Camera RAW white balance, Protune mode. This option ultimately give the best final result IMO. It does require color correction and contrast/brightness adjustments in an editor. I suggest you experiment with both to see what it looks like and how much work your willing to put into post editing. I personally use the second option.

Maybe the best way to figure it out is to find out what your computer that you will edit your video will handle. While you are at home shoot a small clip at each setting and then see what will play back in your computer without stuttering, otherwise if you shoot at higher pixel and frame rates, you will have to break down the video before editing.

Back
Top Bottom