Best ride from Cancun airport to Puerto Morelos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, Maybe a cab from the airport sounds better.

Or rent a car. Thought I saw on a site I could pick up a car at the airport and drop off in PDC.

I've done alot of trips to places along the coast. If you are thinking of a taxi rather then the bus, I would just book a private transfer as it will cost you about the same.

Cancun Valet, USA Transfers/Entertainment Plus, Akumal Transfers, they all have about the same prices. (Do not book with Get DITA. Used to be fantastic but raised their rates ridiculously in November.)

OK, Maybe a cab from the airport sounds better.

Or rent a car. Thought I saw on a site I could pick up a car at the airport and drop off in PDC.

Don't chase pennies on the first day of you vacation. I would be surprised is the total difference between the bus/cab route vs the cab to PM would be more than 10-15. Be sure to agree on a fare before you even load your bags in a cab. My best guess would be around $25 to $30. More than that, how much is your vacation time worth to you.

I can see having a car while I stayed in PM. The restaurants in PDC are a lot better and in many cases much less expensive than those in PM, there is a lot more to do in PDC when you are not diving. In addition, Akumal and Dos Ojos are about an hour to the south and make a fantastic day trip. But, if you are not used to the local rules of the road, avoid renting a car, even on that stretch of 307.

Enjoy a very laid back town, decompress on your first vacation days, and keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom