Best Resort in the Maldives to see Mantas and Whale Sharks. Best time to visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
T

theshusters

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband and I are taking my daughter to the Maldives after she takes her 3rd year medical boards. We don't want to do a LOB. I was looking at Reethi Beach Resort but the reviews are bad. Where would you stay?

This may be her last dive vacation for a while so we want to make it good:).

It looks like Baa Atoll and South Ari Atoll are best to see Whale Sharks and Mantas.

Which resort/dive operator/location would you recommend? Don't want to go super high end but not entirely on a budget.

Also which months would you recommend that we visit? Or alternatively, which months would you not visit?

Thanks for any suggestions. We've never dove anywhere else except in the Caribbean and Hawaii, so this is a BIG trip for us.

Have a look at Dhigurah and the Boutique Beach, if you can cope with no alcohol (no pork) for the duration of your stay. You will get the genuine Maldives experience and a very high likelyhood to see whale sharks and Mantas (i won't say 100% that would be bragging, but...)
Mid January to end of May would be the months i would focue on.

Thank you @JustSurfaceInterval!
I have read that best diving is between January -April, but I have also read that best chance of seeing a Manta is between May - Dec. Can you still see them January - April?

Thanks for any other advice you can provide.

Don't mind at all about no pork/alcohol. lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom