Best Quick Diving Trips from Singapore in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSC

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone. I realise I am new and not part of the community but was hoping for some advice!

I am going to Singapore to visit my Dad for two weeks in mid November and thought i'd try and get some diving in whilst im back on the continent.

I am a Dive Master and qualified on Gili T so love SE Asia. Ideally i'd like to fly out on Monday 19th to the 22nd of November.

Where is cheap and good quality diving at that time of year? Obviously I have to consider travel, accommodation and diving. Plus im 27 and would be travelling alone so some form social scene would be a bonus.

Any ideas/suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance.

Good diving and very easy to reach by direct flight from Singapore would be Phuket. You could do daytrips to Shark Point area, Phi Phi, Racha islands and even Similans are possible on a daytrip.

I just sent two ladies from Singapore to Indonesia to get certified. Sent them to Kunkungan Bay Resort (KBR) but Lembeh Resort was an option but a bit more expensive. I started booking Two Fish Divers with locations in Bunaken, Lembeh and Bail. Amazing small and very attentive resorts and good pricing. Good food, basic rooms, superb diving.

Facebook Liquid Diving Adventures | Facebook

I'd go to Padangbai (Bali) - Good diving close by, decent bars (if you like back packer type places) and quiet. If you dont like it, you can allways catch the ferry to Lombok & gilis :)

Thanks for the advice guys, close to booking but just wanted to see if there was any last advice from the wisdom on here?

Really just want a nice and relaxing place, with a social scene all centred around great diving! Looking for some escapism for a couple of days!

Thanks for the advice. Pretty much locked in my plans, please let me know if this is bad idea

I fly to Phuket at lunch time on Monday 19th. 6am the next day, im picked up and taken out by speed boat to one of Similan Dive Center’s perma liveaboards (Official website|Similan Islands Liveaboards,diving daytrips, snorkeling and Padi courses|Khao Lak Diving with Similans Premium Diving Center Khao Lak Thailand.).

I’ll then do 3 days, 2 nights, get 10 dives around the Similans. I get taken back on the afternoon of the 22nd, spend the night in Phuket and fly back to Singapore on Friday afternoon.

Seems like a decent plan? Thoughts?

Thanks for the advice. Pretty much locked in my plans, please let me know if this is bad idea

I fly to Phuket at lunch time on Monday 19th. 6am the next day, im picked up and taken out by speed boat to one of Similan Dive Center’s perma liveaboards (Official website|Similan Islands Liveaboards,diving daytrips, snorkeling and Padi courses|Khao Lak Diving with Similans Premium Diving Center Khao Lak Thailand.).

I’ll then do 3 days, 2 nights, get 10 dives around the Similans. I get taken back on the afternoon of the 22nd, spend the night in Phuket and fly back to Singapore on Friday afternoon.

Seems like a decent plan? Thoughts?

In general, try to avoid these permanent liveaboards. However, with your schedule there seem to be not many alternatives if you want to go to Similans.

2 things:
1) the DC you mention does not own the boat you mention, nor are they the operator. Nothing wrong with that, but you seem to be under a different impression; and
2) the daytrip diving from Phuket is nicer at the moment than the Similans. If you want to go to Similans, make sure Richelieu Rock and Koh Tachai are included.

Back
Top Bottom