Best Primary Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

depends on what you are actually going to use it for, 21W LM HID is a great light, with alot of punch, more economical and maintenance free option is the LM 12W LED, also a good light, and might fit your needs more.

i would be doing mostly night dives in inland lakes, some can get really crappy viz, i honestly dont have to much of a budget, but i dont wanna pay $1,000 when theres good ones much cheaper (very exaggerated)

The Underwater Kinetics C4 eLED or the SL3 eLED. They are great lights, super bright, and priced really well.

A HID with a 250 bulb is what you need. Lights a whole cave up. If you want more, I think the ones they used for IMAX filming is plenty strong.

Since I didn't see it mentioned, another for your consideration:
Intova Ultra 220 Lumens Torch
A lot of light in a nice package for $70.

second the intova for night diving, I wouldn't goto a can light unless you were doing wreck/cave diving personally. I use the intova ultras for most open water stuff and when paired with a light sock they do a great job.

second the intova for night diving, I wouldn't goto a can light unless you were doing wreck/cave diving personally. I use the intova ultras for most open water stuff and when paired with a light sock they do a great job.
Have you used a can light? Do you dive in poor vis? If so once you go can light you could never go back. In fact I hate diving with people that don't use a can light, since there are so many benefits to all parties having a bright light.

yes and no, for the average recreational diver, spending 1k on a can light is overkill. I dont own one, but borrow a buddies 35W LM when i need it, way overkill for open water diving.

Have you used the intova ultras? they have plenty of punch for poor vis.

well i was planning on getting a can, ive been looking at a Underwater Kinetics D8, but sadly, my old Ikelight 8 D-Cell light literally fell apart today, and im doing a night dive this week, so im in a little worse position, so what do you guys have to say about the D8? or anything like it you would recommend? thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom