Best places for inexperienced divers in november

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a certain "freedom" to playing it by ear :wink: There have been a few times where I changed my mind in the middle of a trip and extended or decided to go somewhere else. There's risk in that as a plan but it's been done :)

Since you're flying in and out of Manila, I would adjust my recommendation. You seem pretty set on El Nido and I don't blame you. El Nido is beautiful! They're much more developed now and have some really great restaurants. A dive safari sounds good too :)

If you decide to fly back to Manila, one place that hasn't been mentioned is Bauan. Since y'all are going to be on your honeymoon and want other activities this could be a really good option. It's just up the coast from Anilao. I dived with Bauan Divers Sanctuary Resort and really enjoyed it. I can say they absolutely had the best shore diving of any place I've traveled in the Philippines! Amazing house reef! There were multiple entry points from the resort and different routes so although we're doing all the dives from the resort, the dives were still different as we explored different areas. I wrote about that stay on my blog. Here's a link: Bauan Divers Sanctuary We also took a boat down the coast one day and did a couple dives outside the resort. You should be able to contact the resort for transport arrangements to from the airport. I took local transportation when I visited there.

After you're finished with diving, I've heard the sightseeing around the Taal Volcano is very nice and it's not that far away. I didn't ask about this when I was staying there because I had already made plans to go on down the coast to Anilao, but I'm sure the resort can arrange tours. Just based on general experience in the Philippines, the resorts will have those kind of contacts, but you could confirm with them. I'm really going to have to go do some sightseeing around Taal Volcano myself some day, so I might end up asking YOUR advice if y'all end up going there :coffee:

Anyone who has not been to Philippines should aware that travelling in the country is time consuming and can be very frustrating as well.
Just try not to cover too many places in relatively short time.

Yep! Toilet tissue, wet wipes, water, snacks, small hand towel, power pack or extra phone battery... little things :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom