Best place to sell brand new drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trippysmurf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok...So I made the mistake of going gung ho and wasting like close to 3 grand on a drysuit. After a dive with it in the northwest ocean and a tank failing on me i have decided to go wetsuit. Next time something happens I want the freedom to be able to go freediving and spearfishing and crabbing. Rather then snorkel on surface with no chance at freediving.

My question to you guys is this...I have a BRAND new scubapro evertec size medium with rock boots. Only been on one lake dive and 1 ocean dive. I wanna sell it. But where is the best place and how much you think to sell it for? I am in eugene oregon myself currently

First of all be prepared. Scuba gear is worse than a car. Drive it off the lot and it is now used and is worth a fraction of what you originally paid for it.

with that in mind, if I was you I would give diving dry another chance and actually take a dry suit class. Diving dry on the west coast is the way to go.

If you're positive you want to sell then I would post it here on this board and on Northwest Dive Club ? Index page Both have a big diver presence in the nw and most nw diver dive dry

As Herb said give it fair chance, a dry suit can take 15 - 20 or more dives to get comfortable diving. If I am not flying to dive I almost always bring a full set of spare gear JIC. I will bring a wet suit suitable for the temps as back up.

well i have taken a drysuit class. All certified and everything for it. I think the issue is that the dive shop i got certified had very little knowledge I am realizing now about drysuits compared to the shop here. I was measured and they ordered the suit but for a drysuit it is ultra tough to get on even with another helper and the undergarments make the whole suit ultra tight and restrictive. I can't even ball up to do the ball roll recovery for an uncontrolled ascent in the suit i have now. I my wetsuit fitting I was measured around a ML but this suit is a M since i was told they dont have ML. I wanna sell the suit so i can get a nice wetsuit combo so i can use it for dual diving and spearfishging/freediving so i can have fun no matter where i go. I have the rock boots for the suit and hoodie and a full never used before care kit. hose for regs and everything. So hope to unload it soon so i can get my wetsuit combo.

well i have taken a drysuit class. All certified and everything for it. I think the issue is that the dive shop i got certified had very little knowledge I am realizing now about drysuits compared to the shop here. I was measured and they ordered the suit but for a drysuit it is ultra tough to get on even with another helper and the undergarments make the whole suit ultra tight and restrictive. I can't even ball up to do the ball roll recovery for an uncontrolled ascent in the suit i have now. I my wetsuit fitting I was measured around a ML but this suit is a M since i was told they dont have ML. I wanna sell the suit so i can get a nice wetsuit combo so i can use it for dual diving and spearfishging/freediving so i can have fun no matter where i go. I have the rock boots for the suit and hoodie and a full never used before care kit. hose for regs and everything. So hope to unload it soon so i can get my wetsuit combo.

You definitely need to get the shop to correct the sizing error at their expense. If they measured you and ordered the suit, then they have to make it right. You might even be able to get a refund if you can finger the one responsible for the ordering error.

First off, if the fit is not right, you will never be able to use it. Second, the size medium is on the bottom end of what is usually worn, which means you have a smaller propective market if you want to sell it. Third... if they make the suit right, and you get a good fit and still... do not want it, you will then have a new suit to sell that is ML or L.

The shop is in a different state then I am now as I have moved. So getting anything done would be diffucult would it not be? I just figure eat the cost of a mistake and sell it to get a wetsuit setup. Was thinking a 7mm farmer john with a 5mm shorty to slide over it. I have booties and fins so would be perfect to dive in here and i can also use it for freediving. So not expecting to get alot back from the purchase.

You should not "eat the cost" of the mistake, as it wasn't your mistake. The shop fitted you for a drysuit and it doesn't fit. That's on them. At least talk to them about it to see what they can do.

You would end up taking a MAJOR loss on the sale of that drysuit.

If it were me, I'd try to get the shop to swap it for the correct size, at their expense, and give it a chance to get used to it. When it comes to cold water diving, I'll take a drysuit over 12mm of Neoprene anyday.

Back
Top Bottom