Best place to purchase women's swim suits for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
Have any of you gals found a good place to purchase swimsuits to wear under your wet suit? Some of the ones I have just don't seem to be all that comfortable under a wet suit.

I am also looking for a place to purchase an industrial quality suit LOL. The pool I swim in to keep in shape has a very high chlorine content and it seems to eat them very quickly even if you rinse right away after getting out.

So has anyone found the perfect swimsuit for diving?

Thanks!

leah
I do the opposite. I buy cheap swimming suits so then I don't care whether they get ruined quickly by chlorine water (which here is the most common way used in pools). Then simply I get another one.

The same goes for swimming suit under the wetsuit becasue they are also destroyed rather quickly by wetsuit. In both cases I buy one piece swimming suit, not bikini style
:D
Mania

I tend to get my suits at "discount" retailers such as Value City or TJ Maxx - you can still get the sports quality suits such as speedo, nike, etc., but they cost about $20, so it's no big deal if they get ruined quicker. Which reminds me, I should start checking to see if they're in yet around here....

I went to Sports Authority in August and got two TYR reversable suits for around $25 per suit. I swim 4-5 x's a week in a public pool and these 2 suits still look brand new. I also have used these suits on my last 2 week long dive trips. They are very comfortable to wear under my wetsuit.

I buy two-piece swimsuits, crop top or tank top -- not bikini, that have no ties or buckles so they sit smooth under a wetsuit.

If you're looking for a one-piece, you might want to make sure you're buying a 100% polyester suit. Apparently, they last longer than nylon or lycra, especially in chlorinated water.

Depending on your size, check out the Girl's section. I've bought a few two-pieces there for a fraction of what they would've cost me in the Women's section. :wink:

I buy my suits from Landsend since I like to wear a full coverage tankini under my wetsuit for diving. The tankini has all the benefits of a 2-piece suit with the coverage of a 1-piece.

For swimming, I have a 1-piece Speedo. Two totally different activities that require different suits IMO.

Leah,
Aeroskin makes some nice polyolefin suits that hold up pretty well. They also have
the tankini style. Their suits would probably run around $40.

Victoria's Secret suits are cheap and I love catalog shopping and ordering via internet.

That way, I can dodge the bad lighting in the fitting rooms. They even pay the return shipping, so I'll order a bunch and try them on at home and return the others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom