Best place to go in Mexico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO, Hands down, Cozumel.
Take a side trip across to the mainland, Playa del Carmen. Diving the cenotes is a must dive. Also just MHO.

CougBabe:
Planning a trip to mexico soon. Where is the best city to visit for scuba in Mexico?

I have been to Cozumel, Cabo San Lucas and La Paz and IMHO, La Paz is the best. The diversity and abundance of life in the Sea of Cortez is not to be missed. We swam with Pilot Whales, saw Orcas and Dolphin, and encountered Manta rays. Then there is the sea lion colony where we played with the females and were checked out by 600 - 1000 lb males. The best description I can give you is "fish soup." There were times we had to brush them back like swarms of flies just to swim through a reef. FYI - we stayed at http://www.laconcha.com/. They have a very good onsite dive operation.

K

I have dived Coz, La Paz, and Cabo. La Paz and Cabo don't even come close to the diving ops in Coz. I bought a time share in Cancun for my wife just so I could go to Coz!

Chris

I like Tulum area (we stay at Club Maeva--nice all inclusive with great beach) and dive with Tank-ha (Tankha.com). They can set you up at the hotel with a good package. We also like Cozumel. Tank-ha has their own hotel in Play Del Carmen. They do local reef dives, cenotes, and take their own baot over to Cozumel for dives (nicer than going over of the Ferry).

Enjoy

Greg

Cozumel is the best I have dove so far! Beautiful fish and reefs. I used www.aquaworld.com or www.aquaworld.cozumel They were great! I would dive with them again!

Also, I have dove in Cancoon, a must, too. Unfortunately, was not able to find information on who we dove with there.

Let me mention, hang on tight and bring a blind fold because they drive crazy over there (taxi and bus) and bring a translator/book with you. Have fun and enjoy it!

CougBabe:
Planning a trip to mexico soon. Where is the best city to visit for scuba in Mexico?
Cozumel for sure. Call me at 1-800-335-1144 ext 224
I can discount your trip for you :)
Karla

I thought the cenote diving outside of Playa was amazing! Dos Ojos & Hidden Worlds (near Xel-Ha, I think) are beautiful. I agree w/Gregpsych that Tank-Ha in Playa is a good dive center - a professional operation w/ excellent staff. Highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom