Best place to buy a Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard the same thing but there's a shop in Melbourne that give 5% discount on the Teric and 7% on the Perdix, you probably know who I'm talking about :)

Yes I do. :)

And there was a shop in Perth that was selling transmistters $125 cheaper than RRP. I got price matched on the Teric, and was assuming I would on the transmitter too but didn't, and then during the wait time SW vanished from that shop's offering.

Anyways, I just fly and dive, and get another 10% off ... water's too cold here!

Bargain with the LDS to throw something else in for free. I do that. Buy a Shearwater from us and I’ll throw in fins and a mask.

Reactions: Jay
I actually think the $1095 is a fair price for the value. I didn't have a problem at time of purchase when comparing to other options on the market and after using it, felt like I received a bargain as it exceeded expectations.

I actually think the $1095 is a fair price for the value. I didn't have a problem at time of purchase when comparing to other options on the market and after using it, felt like I received a bargain as it exceeded expectations.
Imagine how happier you would have been if you got it even cheaper :wink:

I didn't think that it was legal for manufactures to fix prices. I think they can require a MAP but to dictate sale price? I talked about this in another post, but didn't Nintendo get sued for exactly this type of price fixing? I'm no expert and I'm not trying to stir the pot. In fact, I love Shearwater, I just thought that the practice was a no no.

discounts from many makers are a thing of the past now that so many use MAP to control prices. MAP has its pros and cons in theory. look to buy a "USED ITEM" quite often advertised as a end of season demo in like new condition. You probably have better chance buying on ebay. Makers do track non map sold items through warrantee card info. Fill in the wrong stuff and you stab the seller in the back.

I didn't think that it was legal for manufactures to fix prices. I think they can require a MAP but to dictate sale price? I talked about this in another post, but didn't Nintendo get sued for exactly this type of price fixing? I'm no expert and I'm not trying to stir the pot. In fact, I love Shearwater, I just thought that the practice was a no no.

MAP is price fixing under the correct legal wording. Im not sure that price fixing is technally that unless several makers of similar products conspire to set prices. one maker setting the price on one item does not constitute price fixing as there is still competition allowed form other makers. the price fixing has been and always will be worked around by sellers so long as you buy more than the one item. buy the comptuer and get an OW course free, or other (non map) gear at cost. You will see in some stores that they are not allowed to sell the demo. that is the work around by the makers to stop selling new gear as demo's or used gear.

Back
Top Bottom