Best place in Oki to do confined water dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soldave

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got a couple of OW classes coming up, and I was looking at options for places to conduct my confined water dives. I have been to the small pool at Island Message before, but that is going to be a little chilly next month, and I don't want my students to get frost bite on their first day in SCUBA!

Wondered if anyone else can offer me recommendations of places (off base) that I could host confined water dives at. If you could also post prices that would be great. Many thanks in advance:)

Thanks for the info. Yeah - Channel Crevices is close to me but my students are coming from the north so we'll probably meet somewhere around Chatan. Cat's Inn is an option, although I might just head to Island Message instead.

BTW, is your English weblog page down? I tried accessing it and it wasn't loading up.

Check out the Hotel Grand Mer. We looked at them a while back for a class.

They have a 6 meter deep dive tank that is about 3 meters by 3 meters wide. There is also a 1 meter deep "family pool" that the staff said we could use if it was not busy.

It is not perfect for a dive class, but it is heated and is better than many places in the open ocean. I'd be a bit leary of dropping students into the 6 meter tank (there is no shallow end) until after we had them in the 1 meter pool for a while practicing skills, but again it might be better than 66 degree water in the rain...:D

They quoted me a price reasonable price per student per hour for a nice clean set up. There is easy access to the pool area for gear and tanks though the customers need to come in the front door...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom