Best place in Cebu for new years eve : Malapascua? MOALBOAL? ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeeCee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
thinking I'll book a flight to Cebu to land on the 30th of Dec, plan to dive Malapascua & Moalboal + ? Wondering where to start which would be more lively for new years eve?

Malapascua and lively are not often used in the same sentence, if that helps.

Just arrived back from Moalboal earlier today, by coincidence. Nice place, although would hesitate to compare it to Bangkok in terms of nightlife either...

If you are looking for a big celebration, You would do best to stay in the city for another night. Both MOalboal and Malapascua will have parties going on at bars but nothing like you might have back home...

That's ok not looking for party of thousands but want to bring in the new year with small party - of the two places is one more lively than the other?

I would have to say Moalboal would be considered more lively than Malapascua. Since New Years Eve falls on a Saturday you will undoubtablly find things hopping at PACITA's here in Moalboal Our weekly Disco.

Of course when your around a bunch of divers on NEW YEARS EVE I am sure you would have a great time whereever you find yourself.... BUt again yeah I think Moalboal beats Malapascua on the liveliness scale.

CHeers,
Roger

I have spent New Years Eve in Moalboal before, and it was one of the calmest New Years Eves I have ever spent in my life. Apart for a few small fire crackers thrown on the ground at 12:00 a.m., I would never of known it was the start of the New Year.

Most Filipinos stay home with their family on New Years Eve. Foreigners who have contacts here may be invited to their Filipino hosts home. In general New Years Eve in Cebu is boring. A lot of people even spend their New Years Even at Church.

If you are going to be in Cebu during New Years Eve and you want to see something that would resemble a war zone go to TOPS and watch the massive amount of a mix of professional and amateur fireworks being shot off in every barangay in he city. TOPS will have a more festive atmosphere but if you are alone it could still be boring.

If you want to buy fire works go down to the SRP ( South Reclamation Area ), you can even buy HUGE bombs that would be considered illegal in most countries to buy with out a proper licence. Of course you have to ask for the big stuff, since the sellers are not suppose to sell them to just anyone.

Keep a safe distance from fire work.
Have a look at local newspapers and tv news reporting on fire-work related injuries. And don't look at the pictures!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom