Best place in Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll get a wide selection of recommendations. It might help to narrow down the advice, if you could specify any preferences that you have - budget, diving goals, room type etc etc.

I like Scubabro, Dive-and-Trek, Portulano.. and a few others.

I like Club Ocellaris, although they are very hard to reach in order to book

DevonDiver is correct. There are quite a few places in the "Anialo" area.
They can range from backpacker style like San Jose dive camp up to some pretty fancy places.
I use Aquaventure mostly for daytripping.
Planet Dive is nice as they have the "house reef" right in front of the resort.
Arthurs place is a quite place.
If you could say a bit more about what you like, need, or want in a resort/diveop it would be helpful.

DevonDiver is correct. There are quite a few places in the "Anialo" area.
They can range from backpacker style like San Jose dive camp up to some pretty fancy places.
I use Aquaventure mostly for daytripping.
Planet Dive is nice as they have the "house reef" right in front of the resort.
Arthurs place is a quite place.
If you could say a bit more about what you like, need, or want in a resort/diveop it would be helpful.

I would like somewhere clean and somewhat decent. Most likely I will be traveling solo. I would like to find somewhere near the macro sites as I would be doing mostly macro photography.

That's still pretty vague, Sean. I don't think anybody would recommend a place that's not "clean and decent." Do you want a backpacker-type place or something mid-range or something more luxurious with a dedicated camera room, spa, etc?

Traveling solo will cost you more in Anialo. I say that because during the weekdays it is a quite place, often you will find it is just you at the resort.
Most folks come over from Manila Friday night- Sunday, so the weekends it is often fully booked up.
I've seen times when they had trouble getting enough DM's for the boats, last time it was one DM for 2 boats.
During the week you will have to shoulder the cost of the boat, and DM yourself instead of spliting the cost 2-6 ways.

I can recommend the Crystal Blue resort. It doesn't get mentioned here much, maybe because it just got expanded. I was there last May with a group of photographers. They have dedicated camera tanks and a nice camera room with lots of workstations. They appear to have 10 day packages for a fixed price so you don't need to worry about paying for the boat and DM during the week.

I'll second the recommendation for Crystal Blue Resort, as I was on the same trip for the last 2 years. Good "central" location, great dive guides & op. w/nitrox, excellent food, nice rooms, as well as the great photo stuff mentioned. 4 dives per day/night. I could not ask for more- almost like a liveaboard at a fraction of the cost. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom