Best Military Dive locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI, PI, Guam, and Thailand were some of the best civilian run dives. Hell even a few oil wells in the NAG back in 91 were interisting, but Actual military dives, well there were a couple places about 10 degrees north of still classified that were pretty wild.

in '79 it started like this but by '99 it wasn't even close)

Deepwater you are so right. In 68 it was not even close to 79. I retired in 93 and things had really changed. I still work for DOD with several military in my Branch and I do not recognize the Chief Petty Officer any more as they dam sure are not what they use to be. But maybe I'm just the dinosaur they all seem to think I am.

It's not the same world anymore. When I joined it was all about being the best you could be, at your job. People actually wanted to work and fought to take the hard and exotic ops. When I retired all the Navy cared about was being pretty, educated, and community involvment. The real job didn't matter anymore.

Dove off of Korea in summer of 09. Its close to a salt-water version of a great lakes dive.

Back
Top Bottom