Best macro site - shore dive in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heejae_cho

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
We moved to Grand Cayman recently and lookin to do a week of "staycation" doing some shore diving (unfortunately many of the dive operators are closed).
I'm fond of macro and would like to see some interesting critters. Any recommendations on best sites to visit?
Thank you!

I envy you, love the Cayman. We like Maccabuka, Don Fosters reef, and Sunset House. All very easy dives. Found a few Nudies on a night dive at Fosters.,

Macabuca, for sure. I have a friend who dives there often with a lot nicer camera than mine and she spend a lot of time in the hardpan - what most people just pass over on their way back to their surface interval. She finds all sorts of tiny critters and was kind enough to point out to me what to look for.

Needless to say, I go a LOT slower over the hardpan, now! :)

Does anyone know if Sun Divers at Turtle Reef - Macabuca is open?

Friends were diving Turtle Reef over the weekend..
As far as macro, dont forget Eden Rock and Light House Point shore dives.Eden Rock was buzzing earlier this summer with lots of dwarf frogfish and there was a very special frogfish find by a friend at LHPT. Nudies are far more prevalent on night dives than during the day, at least easier to spot!

Anyone know whether the Stoney Coral Disease situation has impacted these sights?

Does anyone know if Sun Divers at Turtle Reef - Macabuca is open?
They are other than Tuesdays.

During our staycation we managed Macabuca, Lighthouse and Don Fosters. Macabuca and Don Fosters were our favorites. Must try the others as well.

Back
Top Bottom