Best Intova or Innovative small light ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best Intova is no Intova. I see more threads about problems and issues with them than anything else. Grab a Scout, Heser, or maybe a Dorcy and be set for life.

Is that Dorcy 220 lumens light good for pics for night dives? I know many recommend a wide angle light but I don't dive often enough to get 2 lights. Thanks!

Is that Dorcy 220 lumens light good for pics for night dives? I know many recommend a wide angle light but I don't dive often enough to get 2 lights. Thanks!
Probably not. Underwater it has a pretty focused beam - I would guess no more than about 10-15o. From about 5' it throws a tight, bright beam - maybe 2-3' across. I shoot video and would find it useless for that. There's a video on the Dorcy site that shows the light illuminating about a 6' circle - on a building from 30'.

Hmm, any recommendations for a cheap wide beam light? Hope I'm not derailing the thread. Thanks!

If we're talking video lights, check out Light & Motion Sol 500 Video light.

If you want something not as professional, then the Intova Mini is a good cheap choice. Just refer to my previous post about maintenance rinsing to keep it tip top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom