Best gaiters to use with a BARE Nex-Gen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just in case you havent dove with a drysuit before, gators may not be necessary. I would suggest that you get your suit and learn to dive it without them. I have to say that I have never used them before and I really cant understand the point of having them. I understand the concept and what they are designed to do I just cant justify why they are necessary. I did take the drysuit course when I got my first suit and I do where ankle weights to keep my legs from drifting up.

I dive off the NJ coast where it is cold, dark, deep and strong currents and I have never had a problem using my suit. Additinally, I have done commercial diving and public safety diving all while wearing a drysuit.

Maybe I'm missing something but I dont see why anyone who knows how to dive a drysuit would want to wear gators. I am not trying to knock those who use them, I just dont get it. Based upon my expereince I dont see why they would be necessary.

If you get a good suit you probably won't need gaiters. However, I bought a discount drysuit for a terrific bargain and they have a little too much in the calves. So, you need gaiters if you want to maintain some horizontal trim.

I also think Halcyon make the best gaiters. I bough some OMS ones for this discount suit and they are not the best. Ok, so why am I diving discount...my custom DUI is out for repairs.

X

Back
Top Bottom