Best First Stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggested the Z2. The only difference between them is the Z3 includes a hose with a built in swivel. If you want a swivel, I would recommend the Z2 and this swivel for $25.

Cave Adventurers - Swivel - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

The Z2 (unsealed) is $440. Sealed is $480.

I agree with the Z2 over the Z3 idea and the sealed first stage 1000%. The hose swivel on the Z3 second stage is insanely overpriced and is permanently attached to the hose. If it were unattached, I'd have considered it.

Stuart's advice is excellent and best advice. If you need a swivel, consider the swivel he is recommending.

The retail price for the Z2 in the US (sealed or unsealed) is awesome and very competitive and I can't see why would anyone consider anything else for a single tank recreational diver (at all levels, all depths, all conditions).

I agree with the Z2 over the Z3 idea and the sealed first stage 1000%. The hose swivel on the Z3 second stage is insanely overpriced and is permanently attached to the hose. If it were unattached, I'd have considered it.

Stuart's advice is excellent and best advice. If you need a swivel, consider the swivel he is recommending.

The retail price for the Z2 in the US (sealed or unsealed) is awesome and very competitive and I can't see why would anyone consider anything else for a single tank recreational diver (at all levels, all depths, all conditions).

Well.... if you want to DIY, then I would absolutely suggest to consider the Deep6 Gear Signature reg set. It would be less money and I think (having not actually dived one myself) it would be comparable in all aspects of quality.

But, for people who want the comfort of local service (anywhere) and supporting their LDS, I do think the Z2 is the best option that I know of.

If you are not worried about in-shop service, the Deep6 Signature rotates, is a sealed diaphragm, and covers the first mail-in service for $379 (sale) yoke or $426 din 1st, hose, and one 2nd. Vs $440 unsealed or $480 sealed.

No mine. Especially the one I got from you. Oh, and by adding the second stage from Buddha it became the very best. The service kit from VDH made it also enables it to make good coffee. ;-)

Kits, you wants kits, I have kits, lots of kits...how many kits you need (smiley face)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom