Best Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba St3ve

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im in the market for a dry suit. I need some input on whats the best one out there for a resanable price. Live in VA so the water can get cold. I could use some links if you have any and tell me what you think about your dry suit and if ud recommend it for a ferly new diver. Any recommendations would be great.

what is a reasonable price for you is the question. i mean if I was buying one i would buy a DUI CF200. But that might be out of your price range. Their lower models also have many of the smae features that make the DUI CF200 amazing but at a lower price. check out the DUI website.

I bought my wife a bare Trilam tech. When my suit died over the weekend i ordered one for me on monday of this week. http://www.divetank.com richard was great on both orders. The custom fit is only about 150-200 bucks and worth every penny.

I have dived whites nice suits but for the money not as nice as a DUI
The DUI suits are very nice. The bare trilam material just feels better and at half the price.

I have seen some of the diving concepts stuff and it looks great just some minor stuff that pused me to the bare. No zipper covers on there neoprean suits.

I have owned a O.S. Systems suit the seams came loose after about 3 years and the zipper gave up last weekend. I dive about 50-75 dive a year.

Most of my dives are in 38-42 deg water Great lakes diving.

Pm me for more details.
:D

In my opinion the best dry suit for you is a highly personal series of choices. I would say that first and foremost the fit is key.

Fit is extremely important, also, consider the quality of construction, type of material the suit is made of, design features, optional features you might add, and customer service in case of problems.

For me since I am almost an exact Extra Large for a stock DUI suit I have a stock CLx450. In my case the suit has been modified from the basic with pockets on both thighs, ZipSeals on both wrists and the neck, knee pads, also the older CLx series suits are just a little different fit than the TLS350 for example, and this slight difference in the fit of the suit works in my favor. The CLx size XL actually fits better than a TLS size XL. The difference is minor, but noticable.

You will be different so the best suit for you will most likely be somthing different. Try suits on, and rent if possible. Look at lots of different brands. Pick the fabric and look at lots of options and choose. For your first suit you might consider eBay if you want to save some money, but be warned a used suit may cost almost as much a new suit by the time you replace seals and fix leaks, shop wisely and lookout for fraud.

Best of luck,

Mark Vlahos

For cold water wreck diving I would throughily recommend the DUI CF200. It's expensive I agree, but rugged, extremely functional, well built and DUI customer service is great.

That's my two pennies,

Grey_Wulff

I am the vote for anything but a DUI (this is from somebody that owns one). An expensive suit that can be done just as well if not better by some less expensive suits on the market. A brand that doesn't get much recognition but makes some high quality products is Brooks-they have a web site. I am also partial the DIve Rite 905 suit,very durable suit that I've seen take an abuse in all settings,but keeps on working.

My price range is about $1300 and im looking for someing that will last and keep me warm, cant stand being cold:wink: ill look at the DUI CF200 and the Dive rite
thanx for the help.

Any one know if the DUI CNSE is any good?

Strongly recommend you look at Bare....very good suits

I'll also throw another name out here - Diving Concepts. I have one of the cordura-type suits and I have been nothing but happy thus far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom