Best Dry Suit for Travel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kent_1848

Reaction score
Is a TLS350 about as good as you can get for a traveling wet suit? I don't want to buy multiple suits, and I want one that I can wear in the midwest, as well as take on travels to the East & West coast, and on a trip to the Galopogos. Any other recommendations would be appreciated, as I don't want to take buying my first dry suit lightly with the costs being as high as they are.

kent_1848:
Is a TLS350 about as good as you can get for a traveling wet suit? I don't want to buy multiple suits, and I want one that I can wear in the midwest, as well as take on travels to the East & West coast, and on a trip to the Galopogos. Any other recommendations would be appreciated, as I don't want to take buying my first dry suit lightly with the costs being as high as they are.
oops, I meant traveling DRY suit...

http://www.ossystems.com/diving/manta.htm

This suit is very light and flexible. It would be great for tropical diving, but I don't know how well it would work for real cold water diving. OS Sytems is a good manufaturer. Drop them a note and ask their recommendation.

SteveB

I would think while the ability to travel easily with the DS is important, the more important question is, what kind of environment you plan to dive in. For instance, are you planning to penetrate wrecks? If so, then you will want a suit that is more durable or abrasion resistant. I'd think the same goes for caves as well.

Basically, like any other piece of kit, make your decision based on it's use first, then look at the other issues such as transportability (is that a real word? lol).

Just my .02 worth.

Quarrior:
(is that a real word? lol).

Yup, according to The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition.

'Yup,' however, is not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom