Best Dry Gloves???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1969ivan1

Contributor
Reaction score
I dive dry when I have to. I have been using 3 finger mits but find them to not be doing the job for me. I am considering the dry glove option and have looked at the bayonet kit sold by Bob Thiry for my Viking Extreme but wanted to know what others out there have to say and where they suggest I buy? I really like the way my buddies dry gloves (He bought Bob Thiry's gloves)are attached to the wrist seals via 2 rings and the gloves are vacum sealed to the hands giving him excellent dexterity. The only real drawback to this system is they were hard to instal and very hard to put the gloves on needing a pair of channel locks! This is the only dry glove sysytem I have seen so I am really looking for opinions and experinces.

I want to buy these gloves within 1 month for an upcoming dive trip to Lake Mich....

I like the DC system... It's a PIA sometimes to install on the suit (my personal experience) depending on the size of the sleeves...

but they are easy to don and doff...

Wow -- I don't understand why your buddy had so much trouble with the Viking system. I have the bayonet rings, and I can install them on a suit in about three minutes. It takes just about that long to swap gloves, if I get a leak. No tools are required. My husband has them, too. We are the ONLY people I know who have never had a glove pop off. I have had small leaks, when I'm careless about making sure the rings and o-rings are kept free of sand, but once those gloves are mated, they're ON.

I will probably be the only one that will say it but I love my Viking classic system. I can tell if I am going to have a leak.Simple question of ...is there a ripple in the glove around the ring? If yes it will leak if no I go dive. Pretty simple system.

I tried the SI Tech quick rings yesterday for the first time. They install easily, don and doff in an instant and had no problems with leaks.

Steve

I have had no problems with my SI Tech rings.

What I would like to know is when they are finally going to get around to issuing a range of cuff diameters for those of us with small girlish hands

I have used the Bare dry gloves and I liked them however I only used them a couple of times as they were demos.

I'll give my thumbs up to the SI Tech system. Easy to install and even easier to get on and off. A quick turn of the seperator and their off.

What I would like to know is when they are finally going to get around to issuing a range of cuff diameters for those of us with small girlish hands

That's my one beef with the Viking rings, too! I could use them about half the diameter that they are, and it would make getting them in and out of a harness SO much easier (not to mention using my wrists).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom